Divine Nervous System by Kay Turner

 

Autumn Skye Art


What if Goddess/God is actually the resolution of trauma and the flow of a regulated nervous system? What if living as fully human and fully divine is to move in and out of activation and deactivation, sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system states?

I’ve travelled a long way on my spiritual path. Up and down, above and below, outside and then finally, firmly, back inside my body. I’m a seeker and in many ways a doubting Thomas(ina). I needed to feel, see, touch, small and hear the Divine to truly believe it existed. And the more contact I make with embodied sacred states, the more I move towards physiology and start to ‘merge’ spirituality and science at an ever-deeper level within my mind, body and heart.

There came a time when I recognised that mindfulness, meditation, prayer and even yoga supported blissful experiences but in a dissociated, disembodied way. I’d finish the practice and would feel disconnected going about my day to day embodied, human life. I was not satisfied with ‘being’ with Goddess/God in a fragmented and unintegrated way.

It was energy medicine training that introduced me to the concept cosmic and earthly energetics moving through the body and I started to make connections with electromagnetic fields, (basic) physics and religious and spiritual concepts. Angels became rays of the rainbow light spectrum; Eros became the pulsating energy of the Earth and Goddess/God became magnetic and electric forces. I liked the harmonising of different disciplines and paths, coming together, uniting and complementing each other. I liked there not having to be either this way or that way. It felt good in my body and my mind.

Over the last couple of years, understanding and working with trauma and its resolution, somatics, and nervous system regulation, has brought me into expansive states of embodied flow and wellness. A sudden expansion of perception, working in accordance with my embodied knowing, resulted in a comprehension and felt sense of the imminence of the Divine. Goddess/God; and the ideals I had sought such as peace, clarity, connection, love and holy anger, were the internal experiences of a regulated nervous system. Living as a Divine Human, the embodiment of Goddess/God and as the I am, is being within a body which activates and moves through its day with regulated sympathetic activation, and which comes regularly into rest and communion in the parasympathetic state.

My discovery is that all we seek and ‘petition’ the Divine for, including oneness, acceptance, gratitude, protection, safety companionship and belonging, are natural states of nervous system health and trauma resolution.

 
Stay tuned for our upcoming Anthology; Remembering with Goddess: Healing the Patriarchal Perpetuation of Trauma.



Kay Turner
Education. Evolution. Embodiment.
Growing Sacred Womanhood.
www.anotherlogonthefire.com

Comments