I'm proud to be called 'Whore'



I’m proud to be called ‘Whore’, with its memory of Horae, and Ishtaritu, and Harine; with its echoes of temple and time.

“Whore” declares that my obligations to the honoring of Menstruation and all Her festivals, that my commitment to worshipping Her as I understand Her, takes precedence over all others.

“Whore” declares that I worship the “fascinum”, the Sacred Phallus – that which is Holy in each man. Through me he is anointed.

“Whore” declares I am guide and mentor in the Underworld.

“Whore” declares that I initiate men, and women, into Her great legacy – ‘carnal knowledge’.

“Whore” declares I speak and teach and live Her words.

And I am not alone. We are many – we Keepers of the Sacred Flame – men and women. We are challenging the patriarchy at its core. We are again speaking the forbidden words of body and pleasure and orgasm as religious experience.

We are lightning rods to
Zeus’s fury.

Won’t you welcome us home?

~Cosi Fabian

Painting by Elisabeth Slettnes

Comments