The Sight of Isis by Nuit Moore

Isis Mask by Lauren Raine

I harvest breath, gallows’ gold,
phosphorescence dusky glow,
a potion of transformation.

The eyes of Isis,
the Veil of the Black Isis
is lifted by this initiation.
Her eyes button the forest floor
and hold the keys to nevermore.

I take her eyes into my mouth.
Light as a moth and salted earth
dissolves as the veil ascends
and
the sacred dance of Isis begins.
Pure.
Multifaceted ultraviolet depths to delight,
the velvet folding veils of the night
beaming through my eyes.

The dance is made of mystery,
cyclic reverb of dark and light,
the mystic flight of Isis over many lands.

Her eyes glow and seethe with pleasure-
Her eyes indeed do measure
the weight of the soul.
The secret to that skill
shall never be told.
My eyes breathe with the sight of Isis.
Her eyes dissolve through me,
my blood is regal psychedelic gold.
I silently glide through the mossy veils,
as I spot her silver moon boat here,
there- through sliver of sky sight.
Nymph footed fleeting slide through the shady vale.
Her great luminous lunar eye
at my back, my mouth, my sides.
Her breathing parts my veil
and prophecies twine
about the buzzing threads of my hair.

Towards dawn her breath will depart,
moving from this place to another.

Another night I will consume again
the psychic eyes of my mother.


A poem from the upcoming Girl God Anthology, On the Wings of Isis.

Nuit Moore is a witch and priestess whose work and temple serve the Goddess and Her return to the collective consciousness, focusing especially on the empowerment of women, the return of the Goddess temple, and the potent medicine of her path and teachings. Although she comes from mystic traditions from both sides of her bloodline, she began her personal path as priestess in the Dianic and Wise Woman traditions, and is also an ordained priestess with the Fellowship of Isis. Nuit has offered classes and ceremony on female wicce, women’s rites/rights, the harvest mysteries, trance arts, wise woman ways, serpent/shakti power, ceremonial movement and sound, liminal magick and ritual theater, etc for over 25 years, and travels frequently bringing temple and ceremony to festivals and communities. She has been a visionary/channel of the menstrual mysteries and eco-menstruation movement since 1991, and is a long standing weaver of the web of women's blood mysteries. Much of her work as an eco-feminist activist is in connection with her teachings on eco-menstruation. Nuit is also a performance artist/sacred dancer, ceremonial visual artist, and founder of the Ishtar Noir Ritual Theater collective- and is the creatrix of Shakti Goddess Arts (www.shaktistudios.etsy.com) which carries her altar art and ceremonial offerings, wise women herbals, crystals, and her writings. Her website can be found at www.scarletshakti.com and she is also on Facebook at: Nuit Moore, The Scarlet Shakti and on Instagram @thescarletshakti




Comments