I am the one who has been hated everywhere, and loved everywhere.



For I am the first and the last
The honored and the scorned,
The harlot and the holy one,
The wife and the virgin,
The mother and the daughter,
And I am the members of my own motherhood.

I am the incomprehensible silence and
the often-remembered thought,
I am the voice of many sounds and
the expression of many designs.
I am the utterance of my own name.

For I am the Sophia of the Greeks
And the Gnosis of the barbarians.

The one who has been hated everywhere,
and loved everywhere.

I am godless and I am she whose godhood is multiple.

I am the one whom you have considered and
whom you have scorned.
I am unlearned, and it is from me that you learn.

I am the gnosis of my seeking,
and the finding of those who seek after me.

-Thunder, Perfect Mind


Painting by Elisabeth Slettnes

Comments