Call for Submissions: Jesus, Muhammad and the Goddess




The Girl God is accepting submissions for our upcoming Anthology: Jesus, Mohammad and the Goddess.

Jesus, Mohammad and the Goddess is an anthology project filled with global voices from Christian, Jewish and Muslim faith traditions. We want to hear about your experience with the divine feminine within Christianity, Judaism or Islam. We are also interested in stories of those who have left these faith traditions in search of the Goddess.

Email trista@girlgod.org for submission guidelines. You must submit your work before November 15, 2015 for consideration. Anonymous submissions are welcomed.

Editors are Trista Hendren, Pat Daly. and Noor-un-nisa Gretasdottir.

Comments

  1. Intriguing! I look forward to reading the end product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is *awesome*! Totally contributing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My recent work has connected two Christian women to the Goddess; I consider it my life to do Goddess' work. Will submissions from male writers be accepted? Please let me know. Thanks and Blessings )O(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, submissions by men will also be accepted so please send one in Vincent!

      Delete
    2. Now I've seen the request for submissions. Once I have the anthology I should be able to come up with a submission by Aug. 30. I would be interested in Jesus/Sophia and relationships to women during his/her lifetime and beyond (the cosmos/universe story). I read my e-mails 'backwards' so I didn't see the link. I could have been working for a month.. :)
      Bonnie Odiorne

      Delete
    3. I've just emailed you for submission guidelines. I hope I'm not too late. I only saw this today.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your note, Trista. It means more to me than you can imagine. The project sounds great. Areyou wanting prose only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course dear Donna! Poetry and art are also welcome! xo

      Delete
  5. Couod you send submission giidelines, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah! Just saw this....will hurry to finish some bits....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... just one question. Why are Abraham amd Moses missing? Or mentioning them (esp. Moses) is just too sensitive? Besides, the goddess Tiamat was there in early Judaisim: http://www.asphodel-long.com/html/goddess_in_judaism.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to specifically explore Islam and Christianity as those are my faith backgrounds. We are welcoming submissions those submissions however as all three are obviously closely related.

      Delete

Post a Comment