Muslima: Muslim Women’s Art & Voices




The Girl God will be included in the International Museum of Women’s online exhibition, Muslima: Muslim Women’s Art & Voices.

The goal of this campaign is to break stereotypes about Muslim women, which is something near and dear to my heart.

Whenever someone discovers that I am a Muslim, the polite version usually goes something like this....


"You're a Muslim???" their voice ending the question/accusation in a high toned stressed pitch..."How did that happen???"  

And then, after a brief pause...."But.....are you...still...a Muslim??"
 

Our contribution is not up yet, but I will share the link as I get it in the next month or so. In the mean time, please check out this AMAZING project. I'm so honored to be included.

Painting by Laila Shawa

Comments