Goddess Isis by Joey Morris

Art by Katherine Skaggs


Soft steps through imprinted sand,
A Journey repeats,
Stepping into the timeless River,
To wash my lashed body,
Cleansing water and fallen tears meet,
I have been broken and
I have been discarded
Torn apart from the inside
Overthrown
I toppled from my own seat,
To taste only dust in my mouth,
Forgetting who I was,
I bathe in my remorse,
And stand at the altar of my foolishness
Naked before you, abrupt in my presence,
Calling out for your blessed wisdom,
I have been parched
And my body concaves into its’ shell,
Mustering the resilience
To hope again
The water evaporates,
My lips turn to the burning Sun,
Whispering Your name,
Seeking Your balm,
I have been dismembered
By not belonging
A lack of love shadowed my every step,
Left me crumbling,
Yet I remain,
Bathing in Your light,

Memories stretch into view,
Threatening cataclysm,
As you rest Your palm on my brow
Reminding me to partake
Only of my holiness
And where all the cracking joints adjoin
I reunite
With all the wounded parts of myself
I live again
By the breath and grace of She;
Isis.


A poem from our upcoming anthology, On the Wings of Isis.

Joey Morris is a Celtic Creatrix and UK-based daughter of The Morrigan. She is an author, creatrix CEO of Starry Eyed Supplies, and co-owner of the What the Flux podcast.

To become a tempered blade of The Morrigan, one must be baptized in blood and fire. These struggles within my lifetime have led me to become a voice for the voiceless, to reach out to the broken, and to poke the shadows in others so that they might begin to heal.


“Such a path is dangerous. But so are we. This is the birth of a wild witch who sees with their 'other eyes' and treads the path of edges, sharp and unusual, but filled with adventure, magick of the liminal and the in-between spaces.”  – Joey Morris

Within the spiritual landscape, her soul mission is to deepen the understanding of our interconnectedness by both honouring the sacred and exploring the masks of the self through channelling relationships to the Divine through written work, poetry, videos, products, and services.

Comments

Post a Comment